SPSS is a statistical program designed by IBM. It is similar in layout to database software such as Excel, and in fact can utilize data from Excel. However, it has the capabilities to produce complex statistical analysis on your data.
During this training session, participants will acquire knowledge by replicating trainer’s actions on a lab computer.
Launching the program, entering and importing data, and running basic statistics.
1) Launch SPSS 20 and open a data file
2) Identify the layout of the SPSS 20 interface
3) Define the 10 parameters for each variable
4) Enter data by hand
5) Import data from an excel spreadsheet
6) Import data from a text file
7) View summary of statistics
IBM SPSS Statistics Support Homepage
IBM SPSS Statistics Video Tutorials for Students
IBM SPSS Statistics Briefs, Data Sheets, Demos, and Videos
SPSS Resources from Cal State LA