Welcome to the Northern Kentucky University
Music Preparatory Department's
Online Registration System
Online registration requires credit card payment in full at the time of registration. We gladly accept Visa and Mastercard.
If you need to pay in a different manner or would like to discuss
options for a payment plan, please contact the Music Preparatory
Department office at 859.572.7737.
Credit card transactions are processed through Music Prep's
registration service provider, Administrative Software Applications
(ASA). ASA uses the highest level of online payment security and is PCI compliant.
Terms and Conditions
- Online Registration requires credit card payment (Visa/Mastercard only)
and cash payments require phone registration and payment must be
mailed/dropped-off within 10 days or a $25 late fee will be incurred.
Students will be dropped from the enrolled program if no payment is
- After 120 days, outstanding balances will be turned over to the university's collections agency.
REFUNDS and DISCOUNTS
academic-year programs, there are no refunds after the second week of a
given term. For summer programs, there are no refunds after June 1.
- All refunds are less a $25 registration fee.
- Refunds will only be made in the following ways:
- Refund to credit card: Original payment must be less than 120 days since the original payment.
- Refund via Music Prep Tuition Credit:
Any credit card payments 120 days or older, payments made in cash, or
payments made in check are only eligible for refund in the form of NKU
Music Prep tuition credit. Tuiton credit must be used within one year
from the date of issue.
- There are no refunds/credits due to:
- Cancelled/missed rehearsals, cancelled/missed class meetings, or unused lessons.
- A student being removed from a program.
- Make-ups and Prorates:
are no make-up private lessons due to student absences. Private-lesson
instructor absences and lessons scheduled on holidays will be made up.
are no prorated private-lesson rates, with the exception of new
students joining mid-term. Lessons are paid for by the term, regardless
if the student cannot attend all lessons. The make-up week is reserved
for instructor-absence make-up lessons. Missed student lessons are not
eligible for make-up.