What new and exciting career choices will exist when you graduate and
enter the workforce? That is the question which PVNET internships help
Each year we offer an incredible one of a kind internship program for
students with a meaningful goal. This is not an exercise – it’s a real
world professional project which will serve a very important purpose to
the residents of the Palos Verdes Peninsula Community.
The broad scope of technologies and skill building opportunities in
this internship will expose many new emerging career interests with a
high probability of guiding students towards their career choices.
Register early to avoid missing out on this summer academic high tech opportunity.
Internship / Course Information:
- Students will build a base unit UAV (unmanned Aerial Vehicle) quad copter and learn about this technology.
- Students will evaluate possible design improvements, have the
opportunity to design/modify parts, print new parts using 3D printers,
and test their designs.
- Students will be introduced to the concept of intelligent aerial machines/robots.
- Students will receive an overview of digital mapping and it’s global application.
- Students will work to build an advanced & specialized UAV which
will be used to record high-resolution geographical aerial images and
GPS data of an open space area in Rancho Palos Verdes.
- Students will participate in processing the GPS referenced aerial
images and data to generate high resolution georeferenced orthophotos,
detailed DEMs, and topographical 3D models.
- Students will then work to incorporate the georeferenced orthophotos
into PVNET’s Geographic Information System (GIS) database and base maps
which are utilized on a daily basis by the City of RPV Public Works,
Planning, and other Depts.
- Students will process the captured data for 3D mapping, data analysis, and modeling purposes.
- The 3D topographical 3D models which the students create will become
candidates for 3D Printing for visualization and presentation purposes.
- Students will work with industry professionals.
- Upon completion, students will be invited to attend and present
their project to the RPV City Council during a regularly schedule
- Some students will produce a video documentary as part of their
internship. These students will receive mentoring in the areas of video
production and editing.
Photo and Video Release: parents of registered students agree to a Photo and Video Release for their child to be used .
Class, Lab Hours, and Fee detail:
Class Fee: $1390.00
Materials Fee: $ 250.00
Total Fee: $1640.00
A 50% deposit is required at time of registration
Registered applicants - please email your resume
in Acrobat file format to Internship2014@pvnet.com
within 10 days of registration
50% non-refundable deposit is required to
Balance is due June 2.
RPV Residents receive $25.00 class discount - enter
Registrations are processed on a first come
first served basis.
No refunds are permitted after registration
deposit is received. Withdrawing from the program after registration has been
made results in forfeiture of any moneys paid.
For full program description CLICK HERE